|State Bar of Texas, Paralegal Division Member|
|Houston Paralegal Association, Member|
|Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Member|
|International Association of Business Communicators, Member|
In addition to her professional career, Mrs. McGinty has been an active, contributing member of her community by employing her writing, organizational and marketing talents for the benefit of numerous non-profit organizations serving the greater Houston area. Among these are:
- Child Advocates, Inc. Guild. Founding Board Member, 1990. Les Cirques des Enfants Annual Gala, Chairperson, 1991.
- World Wildlife Fund, Organizer for Dinner for His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Duke University, 1992.
- Diocesan AIDS Ministry, A Capella at the Villa, Catholic Charities. Event Co-Chair and Founder, 1992.
- Children of the World, Tea for Her Royal Highness Princess Margarita of Romania, Hostess & Underwriter, 1993.
- Casa de Esperanza, Chair Person, Annual Fundraiser, 1993.
- Star of Hope Mission, Trees of Hope Annual Gala, 1997.
- SPCA, Organizer and Producer, Celebrity Mutt Strutt, 1998.
- Asia Society, Fiesta Filipino Annual Gala, February, 1998.
- Elves and More and The Kiwanis Club of Houston, 2009. Planned and executed “Christmas in June” event that provided over 50 bikes for disadvantaged children and raised the profile of both Kiwanis and Elves and More in the community. Mayor Bill White officially proclaimed the day as “Christmas in June” in Houston.
- Kiwanis Club of Houston. Board Member, Social Chairman, 2008 ongoing. Diverse activities including fundraising for the Kiwanis Foundation. Winner of the Alan Kaniss award for outstanding community service.
- University of Houston, Advanced Professional Selling and Marketing Program, 2011. Mentor and Advisor.
- The New School in the Heights, 2013 ongoing. Counselor and fundraiser for the school whose students are developmentally challenged.
- Gayla Bentley Designs Fashion Show at the Houston Club. Organizer and Model, 2010.